Credit Union CPAs and Accountants at Griffin & Furman
Today’s credit unions are faced with the ever increasing complexities of regulatory scrutiny and compliance standards, and must constantly balance these demands with risk management and member loyalty.
With all of these factors impacting budgets and decision making, financial institutions need a credit union CPA firm they can rely on for trusted guidance and support services.
Over 20 Years of Credit Union Experience
Since 2000, our CPA firm has worked with credit unions across the South. Our staff auditors have experience working as employees of credit unions, and it is this experience that allows us to provide a unique perspective when providing CPA services to our credit union clients. That first-hand knowledge along with focus on personalized client needs, provides an exceptional experience for our financial institution partners.
Because of our real world industry experiences and the challenges we see our clients face, we have developed specialized procedures that we perform with our credit union clients, which targets areas where potential wrong-doing could occur. These proactive accounting procedures are in addition to audits, traditional assurance, tax and compliance requirements.
At Griffin & Furman, our CPA and accounting team believe in going beyond regulatory requirements and in providing additional services to help safeguard the assets of the credit union and its members. Along with accounting, and regulatory updates, we also assist with employee and Supervisory Committee training.
Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Compliance, and Consulting Services
Assurance and Audits
- Financial statement opinion audits
- Supervisory committee audits
- BSA and OFAC compliance audits
- ACH compliance audits
- SAFE Act compliance audits
- Wire compliance audits
- Internal audit services
- Member verifications
- Bond claim assistance
- Consulting and accounting
- Preparation of tax form 990
- Compliance training for board and senior management
- Consumer and Real Estate Loan Portfolio Review
- Loan Portfolio Analysis
- Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses
Consulting and Advisory
- Assistance with mergers and acquisitions
- Tax reform analysis
- Strategic planning
- Business process reviews
- Vendor management assistance
- Disaster recovery/business continuity planning
- Internal controls development and testing
- Training and Education
- Fraud and Forensic Investigation
- Litigation Support
- CUSO development
- Tax planning and compliance
Call for Credit Union CPA Services
Contact our assurance and accounting team to customize a plan for your credit union’s needs.