Federal Tax Relief for Louisianians Affected by Winter Storm
Louisiana residents and business owners affected by the recent winter storms, February 11-19, 2021, now have until June 15, 2021, to file various Federal individual and business tax returns and make tax payments.
Affected taxpayers, households and businesses, in all 64 parishes will receive tax relief.
The IRS deadlines postponed until June 15, 2021:
- business returns normally due on March 15
- individual and business returns normally due on April 15
- the special March 1 filing and payment deadline for farmers and fishers who forgo making estimated tax payments
- 2020 IRA contributions
- first quarter estimated tax payment due on April 15
- quarterly payroll and excise tax returns
- tax-exempt organizations, operating on a calendar-year basis, with return due on May 17, 2021
- penalties on deposits due on or after February 11, 2021 and before February 26, 2021, will be abated as long as the tax deposits were made by February 26, 2021
If you receive a late filing or late payment penalty notice from the IRS for a filing, payment or deposit that has a postponed due date, you should call the number provided on the notice to have that reviewed.
For more information, please visit the IRS announcement from March 10, 2021.